
| The "values" award and a few others to end the regular season. |
Here's Jacob's recap of the day and picture comments:
First 6 hole match - We were evenly matched with our short games. My opponent, Mason, hit his drives farther so was able to get to the greens in fewer strokes. I had some good putts, but so did he! Only played through 4 of the 6.
Second 6 hole match - Noah and I were all square going into the second hole, hole 11. I hit it way right on my drive on 11. There was a tree in front of me, it was uphill and I had very little green to work with. I controlled it nicely and it landed right where I wanted to, six feet past the hole. A guy that lived in the house right at that tee box came outside to watch and said that was the best shot he's ever seen from that lie. I ended up missing this putt but we tied the hole again. He won the next two holes, placing me at 2 down with two to play. I ended up winning 14! Then on 15, Noah had an unfortunate bunker experience and conceded the hole to me. So, all square after six and off to 16 for a play off! Noah and I both hit it over a creek and landed on the fringe of the green. I got my first putt close to the hole and Noah's shot went past the hole. I was able to hit mine in and he missed his putt. Quite a comeback, I was really proud I never mentally gave up.
Reading a putt
Replacing the ball after marking it
Picking up the ball out of the hole
Getting ball and tee out of pocket ready to drive it
Driving it down the fairway
"Boom!!"
Golf courses show you how big the world is
Lining up a long putt
A final look
Adjusting grip to get ready to putt
Playoff hole - an important putt
Sink this putt to win the match
Got the job done, feels great
Hats off to the other player
Immediately following the round, I run to the practice green to work on my short game for tomorrow



